Tips That Will Aid In Getting A Job Fast
You are in a desperate situation and you really need to get a job as fast as you can in Malaysia. After all, this is not your native country and you have hardly settled yet. You fear that you might not be able to support yourself in this foreign country if you can’t find a job sometime soon. Good for you because you end up in this page. It is indeed tough to be alone in a foreign country. You have no one to ask help from. It is just a good thing that the internet is available for everyone no matter where you are in this globe.
So, how can you get a job fast? Here are some tips that will increase your chances:
1. Save time by using the Advanced Search options on job boards.
This will automatically direct you to the kind of job you want. Just key in some keywords, location, type of job and so on. Yes, and you should first search in the best job sites you can find online. You can even search for the best job sites for that matter and some tutorials on how to use the Advance Search option.
2. Don’t just apply on any company randomly and applying for a job in every company is also just a waste of time.
Instead, you should have a lit of the companies where you think your skills are best suited. When that is done, you can start planning for ways that will make any of the company owners notice you.
3. When you pass your resume in Malaysia, you have about 5 weeks at the most to wait for a reply.
Note that you are not the only applicant. While waiting for the response, you can get busy by sending your resumes to other companies in which your skills are apt as well. This way you will have better chances of getting a job.
4. When making your resume and cover letter, they should be more specific to the job you are targeting for.
Remember that you have only a few seconds to impress the hiring manager thus, you should not waste this chance and make sure to be noticed.
5. You don’t need to tweak your resumes with experiences that are not relevant to the position you are applying for.
The hiring manager might not read them all, and there is a good chance that your selling points will not even be read.
6. If you have been out of work for some time now, you surely don’t want your resume to appear empty like you have never done anything at all.
So, try to come up with something that is relevant to your applied position and can bolster your credentials. This is way better than submitting an empty resume.
7. You might think that your appearance will not matter but it will certainly do.
Note that you will always be representing the company you are part of once you are hired and the hiring manager will surely check that. If the moment you appear in front of him, he will be disappointed right away, you will already have something to recover at the start. So, job vacancy in malaysia like you are a successful person when going for an interview. This will also somehow perk up your mood and your confidence.
8. Storytelling is an excellent manner to let the interviewer know your skills and your employment history.
Besides, he will surely not like it if you will just answer his questions with one word and get silent after that. It will surely become a dull and boring convo. Trust me, you will not get the job you want if you will be a dull interviewee.
9. Don’t assume that your interviewer will like it if you patronize them and at the same time, badmouth your previous employer.
That is never the case and it is not a good thing to do that. The first thing that will come to the mind of the hiring manager is that you will do the same thing to him once you move to another company. Such attitude will surely get you nowhere.
10. After the interview, you should send a thank-you note.
This will show that you are happy they considered you. This is also a way to follow up the result as for sure, they will remember you once they get the note.
11. When it comes to finding a job, networking is beneficial.
Whether you just meet that person online or offline, a new acquaintance can always recommend a new opening. Who knows you might get lucky and get acquainted with an actual manager! Thus, you have to welcome a new friend all the time.
Yes, there are really times when we are too desperate to find a job as soon as possible. However, you should not jump into a contract without properly checking every facet of the company. If you really need to earn as soon as possible, you can just find some part-time jobs in the mean time. This should sustain you while you will go hunting for a permanent job with a better pay and better incentives as well. Always make sure that the job you will end up with is something you will be contented with and of course, with a decent pay.
Finding job in Malaysia is not an easy task because the limitation of the market which many company are not willing to hire fresh graduates!